Migration - Transfer Regulations
These regulations shall be called the Khwaja Fareed University of Engineering & InformationTechnology (KFUEIT), Rahim Yar Khan Migration / Transfer Regulations 2019 for Engineering andNon-Engineering Programs.
These regulations govern the Migration / Transfer to Khwaja Fareed University of Engineering &Information Technology (KFUEIT), Rahim Yar Khan and will be effective from Fall 2018.
Migration / Transfer Channel
On the recommendations of the Migration Committee, the HoD and the Dean concerned, the Vice Chancellor may allow transfer of a student within KFUEIT or migration from other foreign/ Pakistani universities / colleges of repute, generally under the conditions specified in these Regulations.
- Transfer from one academic program to another within KFUEIT during admission process doesnot constitute Migration and shall be done based on Admission Policy.
- Transfer from an academic program of higher merit to a program of lower merit shall be permittedon the recommendation of the HoD’s and Deans concerned and the applicant meeting theadmission el-igibility conditions of the target program.
- Option for transfer as per 4.b above shall also be available to students separated due to pooracademic performance.
Migration From Other Universities To KFUEIT
- Transfer from one academic program to another within KFUEIT during admission process does not constitute Migration and shall be done based on Admission Policy.
- Transfer from an academic program of higher merit to a program of lower merit shall be permitted on the recommendation of the HoD’s and Deans concerned and the applicant meeting the admission el-igibility conditions of the target program.
- Option for transfer as per 4.b above shall also be available to students separated due to poor academic performance.
- Migration application shall only be entertained on the prescribed application form.
- An application for admission by migration shall be accompanied by a detailed marks cer-tificate showing the examinations passed by the applicant at other university. The appli-cant is required to be in good standing with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 or 3.0 out of 5.0.
- No application shall be entertained after 2nd week of a regular semester.
- Prescribed Migration Application Processing fee (non-refundable) shall be paid by the candidate at the time of submission of application form.
- All Non-FSc stream candidates shall have to provide equivalence certificate duly ob-tained from IBCC, Pakistan.
- A candidate applying for migration to a degree program should meet at least the mini-mum requirements of admission for that program to the extent of marks percentage of Intermediate or Bachelor, as the case may be, subject to availability of vacant seat in that program.
- A candidate pursuing for migration shall have to appear in the relevant KFAT or KFGAT (Engineering / Non- Engineering) Entry Test of KFUEIT, Minimum passing score for Bachelors programs shall be 50% and for MS / PhD Program shall be 60%. An applicant securing the passing score would be allowed to appear for interview before the Migration Committee where the HoD concerned or his / her representative (not below the rank of a PhD qualified faculty member) will also be a co-opted member.
- Merit list would be drawn in case where the number of applicants is higher than the number of available vacant seats. For calculation of merit, 60% weight-age would be given to the test and 40% to the interview.
- The university / college / institute from where the student intends to migrate should be recognized by the HEC and the degree program shall be accredited by the relevant ac-creditation body of Pakistan or foreign country in case of student migration from foreign university.
- No student shall be admitted by migration from a university or institution in Pakistan un-less he / she produces a “No Objection Certificate” to the effect that the student has not been debarred from taking university examinations or suspended or not expelled or rusti-cated from the university or institution from which he / she intends to migrate and that no disciplinary action is pending against him / her.
- Migrated students are not eligible for Honors / Awards at KFUEIT.
- KFUEIT authorities reserve the right to reject any application for migration without as-signing any reason.
Credit For Course Completed Other Institutions
- A maximum of up to 50% of credit hours required for degree at KFUEIT are allowed to be transferred from other institution.
- The credits transferred shall be counted towards the degree requirement and GPA of the transferred credits shall not be counted towards the calculation of CGPA at KFUEIT.
- Only courses completed with a minimum B- Grade will be transferred. Courses must cor-respond to courses offered by KFUEIT or be equivalent in depth and intensity.
Migration From KFUEIT To Other Universities
If any question arises regarding the interpretation of these regulations the matter shall be deliberated by the academic administration consisting of Head of the Department, Controller of Examinations, Registrar, Deans and Vice Chancellor and their decision thereon shall be final.
Removal Of Difficulties
If any difficulty arises in giving effect to any of the provisions of these Regulations, the Vice Chancellor in individual cases may make such decision, not inconsistent with the spirit of these Regulations, as may appear to be necessary for the purpose of removing the difficulty, provided that such a decision in not ultra vires of the Khwaja Fareed University of Engineering and Information Technology, Rahim Yar Khan Act 2014.
- A student desiring to leave KFUEIT in order to join another University or Institution shall apply to the Dean of the Faculty concerned on the prescribed form after payment of prescribed fee of Rs. 5,000/- (non-refundable).
- The Dean of Faculty concerned shall be competent to issue a migration certificate on the prescribed form.
- No migration certificate shall be issued unless the student has cleared all University dues.
- In case of student who has been debarred from taking University examination or has been expelled or rusticated, no migration certificate shall be issued so far as the punish-ment is in force.
- A student who has obtained Migration Certificate from KFUEIT but then desires to be readmitted to KFUEIT shall be allowed readmission on payment of Readmission Fee and Security Deposit in addition to prevalent semester fees and charges. Such readmission shall be approved by the Vice Chancellor on the recommendation of the HoD and the Dean concerned, in the class to which he / she can be admitted under the regulations provided that his / her absence from the current teaching session of that class does not exceed four weeks and further that he / she surrenders the Migration Certificate.