Periods of Fees and Other Charges
- Semester dues i.e. Tuition fee and other charges are payable before beginning of Semester i.e Fall or Spring.
- Extra Fee shall be charged on the basis of “Credit Hour” for all the subjects studied during Summer Semester OR in regular Semester for course improvement.
- The hostel charges including Rent and electricity charges are payable for the period of occupation, a part of term/semester shall be counted as full term/semester. Furthermore, Electricity charges for room heaters/coolers are charged separately.
- Due date for upcoming Semester shall be started 15 days before the Final Term Examination of current semester.
- Fee/Dues need to be deposited in cash only directly in the designated branches. Cheque, Demand Draft, Pay Order etc. shall not be acceptable.
- Students are supposed to submit copy of paid fee challan in Finance Department and their respective department.
Registration in a Semester
- For existing students, each department shall register their students before commencement of classes after getting the assurance of payment of recurring fees and charges for said semester.
- For existing Students, who do not submit their dues within prescribed period shall have to pay the re-admission fee i.e. fees and fine accordingly.
- Registration of students during summer semester or as sit-in students or as casual students shall be made on submission of proof of payment of dues as per subject basis.
Semester Freezing and Relegation Charges
- Students can apply to freeze their semester(s) before mid-term examinations.
- Students freezing their studies for one semester shall pay freezing charges of Rs.10,000/- for that particular semester. However, upon joining the next junior class they shall continue to pay all recurring fees as regular students along with the next junior session. (That is, they will pay an additional amount of Rs. 10,000/- over and above the fees payable for the duration of their studies).
- Student may apply for refund of his/her semester fee (if paid) of the semester being frozen. However, fee will be paid according to HEC criteria.
- He will be considered as suspended if absent for 30 days. Separate application will be placed if he/ she wants to freeze the next semester.
- Relegated students shall continue to pay recurring fees and dues along with regular students. On successful completion they would have paid recurring dues for one additional year. First semester will not be frozen.
Refund of Securities
- All type of refundable securities i.e. University security, library security, hostel security and Mess securities are only refundable upon successful completion of relieving and its relevant administrative approval for University security and upon assuring the deduction of outstanding dues in case of Mess securities/ Library Security/Hostel security accordingly.
- Furthermore, the amount of security is refundable within three years of the last date of admission.
Refund on Admission Cancellation
The University Fee or security (refundable only), library security, hostel security and mess securities are refunded when a student cancels his/her admission before completion of his degree. In addition, Admission/Readmission fee paid at the time of admission/readmission is non-refundable and tuition fee would be refunded as per National Refund Policy issued by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad and the same policy is applying on transport, internet, research, and semester charges. A student must pay his/her university dues (instalments if any) before getting clearance from finance department otherwise he/she shall not be eligible to claim his/her refund.
- Admission fee paid at the time of admission is Non-Refundable.
- 100% of remaining fee is refunded if application for admission cancellation is received up to 7th day of convening of classes or registration in the department (whichever is later).
- Refundable security and 50% of remaining elements of fee will be refunded if application for admission cancellation is received from 8th to 15th day of convening of classes or registration in the department (whichever is later).
- Only refundable security will be refunded if application for admission cancellation is received from 16th day onward from the day of convening of classes or registration in the department (whichever is later).
Fees and Funds (University and departmental) of a student are transferable to any other Department of University subject to the approval of Vice Chancellor, Admission Committee. Dues are not refundable in case of cancellation of admission on the basis of (i) misstatements, (ii) incorrect information, (iii) concealment of facts, (iv) fake certificates and (v) use of any other Unfair means from student’s side.
Fee instalments of 1st semester fee is not allowed; however, instalments are allowed for coming semesters. “Instalment Committee” shall review the instalment cases and refer to the Finance department. Due Process is as follows:
- A student shall place his/her application for instalment to Instalment Committee NOT later than due date of submission of semester fee.
- Instalment Committee shall analyse the request and approve/disapprove the case accordingly.
- Instalment Committee may recommend the number of instalments due date of each instalment.
- Members of Instalment Committee may include any two of: - Member from Finance Department - Member from Scholarship Department - Member from Registrar Department
Fine of Rs.50/- per day shall be charged after due date of fee voucher. Applications for waiver of fine shall be reviewed by Instalment Committee to judge the genuineness of applicant’s reason for inability to payoff said dues.
The students who wish to improve any subject must give application to the concerned department before commencement of classes. The concerned department will send the list of these students with their registration numbers, name of courses and credit hours of those courses to finance department (after checking for their credit hours availability, clash of course timings etc.) for issuance of fee voucher. The fee shall be charged on per credit hour basis. Any application received after the commencement of classes shall NOT be entertained. The concerned department will make sure that copy of paid fee challan is attached with the course enrolment form.
The students who wish to take any subject in Summer Semester must give application to the concerned department before commencement of classes. The concerned department will send the list of these students with their registration numbers, name of courses and credit hours of those courses to finance department for issuance of fee voucher. The fee will be charged on per credit hour basis. Any application received after the commencement of classes will NOT be entertained by the concerned department. The concerned department will make sure that copy of paid fee challan is attached with the course enrolment form.
- Any student migrating to KFUEIT from any other HEC recognised university will have to pay for the exempted courses on Rs.1,000/- per credit hour basis. Additionally, he will also pay the current semester fee.
- Any student migrating from KFUEIT to any other university will have to pay Rs.5,000/- for NOC before migration.
Fee Regulation of MS Student During Their Extended Period of Time
MS students, during extendable period of time (3rd & 4th year), will be charged with fee of courses according to their credit hours.